Share your secrets!! Where's the best place to buy zoos?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

66deuce

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Looking for some zoos. Where's the best place to buy them as far as cost and quality?

Cafe Jeff said:
Anywhere just before an invasion.
Quality may suffer.
Jeff

Invasion of a tank? Can you explain?

<-- Aquarium newbie!

I was just making a rather weak joke.
When the former Yugoslavia invaded Bosnia, the inhabitants of the Sarajevo Zoo and its associated fittings went for sale at cut rate prices. I imagine it was the same in Chechnya, Iraq and Afghanistan. Jeff

there are a few web sites out there that sell them as wusiwug. but i just get them at the lfs. and you can always ask them to order you some if you know them well.

66 - Where in Texas are you? If anywhere around Houston there is a GREAT store here that I could recommend. I have bought a ton of frags there and they usually sell frags rather cheap. Considering a 2-3" Frag on the net will cost you $40-50 EASY with shipping, I am getting there here for $2-15 depending on the piece.

I'm up here in Arlington, but it may be worth a trip on the motorcycle down to Houston. 8)

Doug01 said:
66 - Where in Texas are you? If anywhere around Houston there is a GREAT store here that I could recommend. I have bought a ton of frags there and they usually sell frags rather cheap. Considering a 2-3" Frag on the net will cost you $40-50 EASY with shipping, I am getting there here for $2-15 depending on the piece.
What is the name of the store there in Houston? I may have to take a short trip up there one day to check it out.

The place that I found is off Westheimer here in Houston. It's called Fishland. The place is sometimes hit and miss since they do have MANY big pieces for like $30 but most of the time I go in an spend $20-30 in just frags and get quite a few. They always sell all loose shrooms for $1 and loose zoos for $2. Most of the time I can even get small nice corals for $5-10 and they usually never have anything over like around $30 and those are REALLY nice pieces.

Back
Top Bottom