Shipment delayed in transit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lynxpilot

Aquarium Advice Activist
I had an order from liveaquaria and we had an ice storm coming so I was going to call and put it on hold when I found out they held it anyway due to weather advisories (kudos to them). Next day they shipped. Then Fedex is claiming delay beyond their control and it's stuck at the destination warehouse. I didn't find out until a few minutes ago, so it's too late to drive there because they'll be closed. That will mean fish will have been in the bag for over 48 hours. Do they survive that? Just wondering because I'll probably be getting them tomorrow afternoon. I'm sure liveaquaria will have no problem with refunds for dead or dying arrivals, but I'd just as soon the fish made it. Anybody have similar situations?

Thanks.

He might make it if it was warm enough. I`m sure the cold will get him. Sorry.

I wouldn't imagine that the warehouse or truck wouldn't be using heat. I was more concerned with oxygen.

2 blue tangs, 1 yellow tang, 2 black/white ocellaris clowns, 3 feather dusters.

i would think they would use some kind of heat packs.... if packed right should be fine for a couple days though i never done sw. i am sure they are using o2 vs just air so that will help.

All dead. Fedex had 2 good chances to make good on this one. They are using 'force majeure' as an excuse because of weather. The delay was at their warehouse where the final delivery truck picks it up and I would have gladly gone there to get them. Then the Fedex driver called me to let me know he was on the way to my house and asked if our road was driveable. I told him I was at work and had taken the same road this a.m. and it was fine, especially for the van that he would be in. He claims to have tried but left all of his packages for this area at a business that acts as a drop point for them. I have never had a good experience with Fedex and have never had a single problem with USPS Express Mail or UPS. I just wish liveaquaria would drop Fedex and use a legitimate carrier. Liveaquaria is going to replace everything. They have been great to work with.

sorry to hear that but Very happy to hear that LA is taking care of it all..That is giving me a good feeling about LA and dealing with them in the future!!

I'll have to agree with you, lynxpilot, Fedex left my LR out by the gate when it was under 30 outside and snowing !!! Not to mention, my tank stand in the pouring rain with no plastic or anything on it. I reported him and they have assured me of future co-operation. Young delivery man in the country....didn't want to walk the extra steps to go back to our house. I am expecting live fish this week...sure hope they have their act together. I too, like UPS...but they know us out here and are country people so makes a difference.

Hope you get replacements with no trouble. What a bummer.

oh yea....my fedex guy throws my boxes from the curb to my porch(literally about 10 feet) even when the package says fragile....fedex has probably spent $3000.00 over the last year alone on replacing my broken item

Fedex gears their business toward the sender. They offer better rates in general and cater to businesses that send lots of packages. UPS seems to be more dedicated to the package. I've done a lot of internet business and have always had the best luck with UPS. The worst by far was DHL.

Back
Top Bottom