Shipping USPS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ellisz

Aquarium Advice Addict
Anyone ship frags via Priority mail? I have received but never really shipped. When they ask if it breakable, liquid or hazzardous what would you say? I told them it was breakable and they wanted to know exactly what it was. I did not want to tell them it had liquid in it since I figured it would be bad.

What would happen? Anyone know? I know people use thermos's and coolers for frag trades but never really participated.

Just wondering.

Thanks

Well I haven't shipped frags, but I've shipped plenty of FW plants to people via USPS. I've never had them inquire what was being shipped.

If they push it, just tell em glass figurines or something.

That is what I told them but I felt bad for lieing :?

You could kind of hear the water sloshing but it had no water in it either :)

They were doubled bagged, all in a bigger bag and that was in a styrofoam container with newspaper and the cardboard box.

Yeah, on second thought it's probably not wise to lie...but many species of aquatic plants are illegal in certain states (esp. California).
I suspect if you told them it was coral you were shipping, they might think you were some kind of smuggler or coral poacher ;)

The reason they ask about liquid is if it leaks they will freak out and shut down the terminal until it is determined if it is safe or not. Why not lable it "live fish FRAGILE" that way if it leaks a little bit you will not hear about it on the 6o'clock news.

Why not lable it "live fish FRAGILE" that way if it leaks a little bit you will not hear about it on the 6o'clock news.

The box had this on there already :) It was a box I had previously got in a mail order shipment.

I will just call next time to see what they say :)

Back
Top Bottom