Shocked shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reefman97

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello, I have shocked my Coral Banded Shrimp while accumulating. He's in my tank at a stand still. And hope for him?

Hello, I have shocked my Coral Banded Shrimp while accumulating. He's in my tank at a stand still. And hope for him?

My girlfriend left her window open on a freezing night her beta tank dropped to below 60 and her fish want moving I brought over like a real heater to hear a small room put it next to the tank "made of plastic wasn't too smart" but It survived ! I know there is a difference but I think it will be Okay! I move my ghost shrimps from tank to tank sometimes to clen but all my water is 72-74 so I don't think that's enough to shock them.

I'm no expert but id give it a good chance of being okay.

Thanks guys for the help, but he's dead, he was barley moving, and so weak that the hermits got him. I accumulated him tooooo fast. I put him in and he sank to the bottom. And he never moved an inch, mouth was. But the thing else. I only accumulated him for about a hour and a half. I just rushed it cause it was 2:30 am and was getting tired.

That sounds like long enough, I have to say I am guilty of rushing acclimation sometimes, sometimes only doing 45mins! What method do you use?

That sounds like long enough, I have to say I am guilty of rushing acclimation sometimes, sometimes only doing 45mins! What method do you use?

I put the bag in the tank to make it the same temperature for about 10-15 minutes. Then every 10-15 minutes add some of my mater in the bag

Cool, next time I reckon try the drip method - I got a piece of airline tubing from my LFS, siphon your tank water into the bag (I tied a knot in the line) so it literally drips into the bag. One drip a second) If you put the bag in a bucket you don't have to worry about it - set a timer, easier I think...

I also drip but I do it slightly different. I use a 5g Bucket and drip into that. I also have a small heater and powerhead I use to temp match and keep the water flowing.

Well, this drip method sounds good, but how often do you drip and how much drips do you do at each time??

Thanks guys for the help, but he's dead, he was barley moving, and so weak that the hermits got him. I accumulated him tooooo fast. I put him in and he sank to the bottom. And he never moved an inch, mouth was. But the thing else. I only accumulated him for about a hour and a half. I just rushed it cause it was 2:30 am and was getting tired.
The shrimp was probably too stressed already for quite sometime in the bag even before your acclimation. She must have run out of oxygen and doesn't have enough energy left to move after moving her into the tank. Besides, the hermits crabs becomes aggressive when starved and would even cannibalized each other.

Back
Top Bottom