should i add this thing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fualku

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I got some LR from LR.com. Great stuff. I found a little star on the bottom of the bad. Is it safe. It kinda creeps me out a little because its legs look all hairy. There is also a 1" small red crab, and what looks to me like a cleaner shimp. It is red with a white stripe down its back, very tiny. Along with a bunch of other tiny crabs. I'm just really wondering about the star. bad pic below.

looks like a brittle star...safe for the tank.
I'd skip the crab unless you can 100% identify it as safe for fish and corals. many cute little crabs grow up into fish eating monsters. uncool (I just had to remove a crab from my tank that I decided was 'probably ok' when I first set it up).

As far as the shrimp goes, hard to say. Could be a cleaner...could be a mantis or pistol shrimp. If it was me, I wouldn't add them without knowing 100% what species they are.

Add the star. The shrimp I would suspect a mantis, can you post a pic of it? This way we counld give you a positive ID. If its a mantis, definately do not add.

Back
Top Bottom