Should i buy a kalk reactor?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bioteacher

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am placing an order on BRS and I am trying to get my order from $125 up to $175 for the free shipping and I am thinking about a Two Lil Fishies kalk reactor. Wondering about how people feel this reactor. I could see some potential issue of accidental overdose with a reactor if hooked up to an ATO that gets stuck in the on position. That would be catastrophic. Not sure if the benefits outweigh the risk.

I guess I could give it a dedicated pump on a timer. Any opinions? I tried a thread in the hardware forum, but no responses. I think this forum gets more saltwater reef specific traffic. Need to make a decision today to save 12%! I appreciate any thoughts.

I think using some redundancy is a good idea - switches can and do fail.

Sorry I am late to the party - did you end up purchasing?

Yep, I went for it with some hesitation. Considering the sale and the factor that it got me free shipping, I got a good deal on it....gosh, I sound like my wife...."I saved 30%, honey!!" Meanwhile I'm thinking "coulda saved 100% if you didn't buy it".....lol

Lol man do I know that story. That $175 will get you every time :)

So did you decide to build in some redundancy?

Let us know how it works once you get it setup. Would love a review. Might even make a good article for the front page of the site!

Yeah, I am thinking that when I do hook it up I am going to put a send pump into my top off reservoir that feed the kalk reactor only. I'll put that on a timer to dose in several short sessions throughout the day.... Or maybe just at night to fight pH drops

Back
Top Bottom