Should I buy equipment here, or in england?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

plkdb

Aquarium Advice Activist
Should I continue with collecting the pieces that I need, powerheads, heaters, skimmer, etc., and use voltage adapters over there, or should I buy the pieces over there, and sell them before I come back, or ? I`m so confused right now.

First orders overseas?? BUY HERE! You can use the converters and bring your stuff back. You'll fins any 220v stuff you buy over there will be hard to offload when you leave. Probably leaving you to take a huge cut of your investment or even forced to give it away. Good equipment last for years. From experience; buy here. It's probably cheaper and you'll get more use from it.

Yeah, its my first overseas assignment. I leave in May. I`m dissapointed though because I had really expected to stay here for 2-6 years. Not that I dont want to go, I signed on to to see some other countries, just wasnt expecting to be getting orders so soon after getting here (4 months). Just worried about taking my car over there or selling it before hand and buying something over there to bring back, or just a beater over there, what stuff I have will be ok to take over there, what to do about the aquarium, etc.

I have heard from other people who are in the service that the military will move your stuff. From what I have heard the timming of your stuff getting there and you getting there can sometimes leave alot to be desired.

Maybe some fellow service men/woman can chime in and help you make a good decision.

Yeah, they will, coming down here, my wife and I did it ourselves, but next time we are going to let them do it. Coming down, we were able to do it a little cheaper, and make a little money off of it, than the govt would do it for. I *think* we are allowed to move 5,000 lbs overseas. Coming down without a guest bed, or couch, or loveseat, we cam in at 2450. I think the timing stateside can be up to 6 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom