should I get a pair of clowns in my biocube?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

davidmaguirre

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello about 3 months ago I spent $120 on a pair of ora black clowns, and I also bought a 6 line wrasse for my biocube that has been set up for about a year and a half. I've got coral and liverock and I had a royal grandma but when I added the clowns and wrasse they all got ich and all died except for the wrasse.. he is currently living happily in the 29 gallon biocube with snails hermits and a skunk cleaner shrimp.. I wanted to add a pair of less expensive clowns and I don't currently have a quarantine tank (I sold it after I quarantined the black clowns and the wrasse in the qt for a month and a half) and am not planning on setting one up.. should I risk bringing some clowns in the biocube by bringing them from a reputable fish store and simply aclimating them in the biocube or should I not take the risk and just leave the tank as it is?? Thanku !!:)

Some people never quarantine their fish, others wouldn't think of adding a fish without quarantining them. I don't quarantine my fish but I buy them mostly from a mom and pop store where all the tanks have their own filter system. I usually watch the fish for a week or two before buying them and know when shipments come in.

Is there any breeders in the area where you can get clown fish? That is another option.

Back
Top Bottom