Should I just put him out of his misery

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sansouci01

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I started a thread earlier about my green bubble tip not doing too well. He moved around to the back of my tank and has been looking worse by the day. The other night I was able to gently get him off the rock in the back of the tank and move him to the front where he could get some more light and flow. He looks pretty much dead but he did move from where I placed him over a few inches. His foot as attached to the rock but he looks terrible. Is there any hope for him or should I just call it???Don't want him nuking my tank.

Attachments

• Dead.jpg
    Dead.jpg
    249.8 KB · Views: 119
If the foot is attached the nem may have a chance . if a nem is handled to much they tend to close up (stressed out),

the problem is we tend to over feed a nem . "were like hey" that's neat lets feed it again
a small piece of shrimp 1/4 inch in size is enough, if you do this try to do it only 1 time every other month ,

nems can survive with good lighting and anything they can get from the water column .
there's no real reason to feed a nem ,

I had a green long tentacle nem I fed it often , little did I know I was over feeding it , the poor nem died from my mistake . like I said above a nem really can get by with just strong lighting and what it can catch in the water column ,

with that said you can still feed your nem just don't over feed , a 1/4 inch piece of shrimp every other month will keep your nem happy ,

I would give him a few months to recover . before attempting this again or just let him be , remember every-time you feed your tank food particles spread through out the tank . the nem will catch this food in the water column.

but if you notice the flesh starting to deteriorate That is a sign that it's dyeing off . that is when I would remove it from the tank ,

Last edited:
What are the parameters and such in the tank? I don't recall the lighting either.
Either way, continued issues in your system that need to be ironed out so you can start achieving some long term success.

Hello Sniperhank.
sal..1.025
temp..78
alk..8.6
cal..400
mag..1300
nitrate..2ppm a little high for me

I'm using an Orbit Marine Pro LED set up.
The thing is, I have lps,sps, and softies all doing great in the tank. I have no algae issues. The tank is looking great. Just seems that bubble tips don't like my tank..:ermm:

The tank is a little over a year old. I have had a few issues with algae early on but most posts have been about BT's. This is my 3rd one. I think it will be last as well.

Maybe return to the lfs to get it nursed back to health/save its life. I had to do this with a coral one time, and it made an amazing recovery and looked awesome and was expensive when they finally sold it, lol!

Well, got home today from work only to find my GBT laying on the sandbed, mouth wide open and shriveled up. These things just don't like me. Guess I'm done with bubble tips for a while

Back
Top Bottom