Should One QT a Scooter Blenny !!Urgent!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
C

cj10488

I just picked up a scooter blenny today and was informed that they cannot get Ich Should I QT a Scooter Blenny or just acclimate him to the Main Tank??

TIA,
James

informed that they cannot get Ich Should

To my knowledge, just about all fish can get ich. I believe there are a few that can't, but these are not sold in the aquarium trade anyway. You need to QT him just as you would any fish.

BTW, Scooter Bleenys are infact Dragonet fish. They will need a constant supply of infauna from the sand bed to survive. If you have a DSB, they will destroy it.

If you have a DSB, they will destroy it.

I doubt they will destroy a DSB, rather I would say a mandarin (first cousin to the scooter) should not be attempted without one. Scooters will not dig through the sand bed, only pick from the top.

Ahh, I was confusing the entire Dragonet's with the darn Mandarin then. Thx for the clarification Kevin.

So I should not have a problem with him in my tank??? I only have a 2-3" sand bed.. From what I was reading is that It should be fine and accepts prepared foods..

James

Well I just fed him in the QT tank and he seems to like eating frozen Brine Shrimp So the LFS was right about him accepting prepared foods.. So thats a good thing.. At least they are a bit smart lol.. Since he is eating Frozen brine is there anything else that I need to worry about..

TIA,
James

alrighty thx.. he seems to be happy and content in the QT tank.. 3weeks and hopefully he will be in the main tank..

James

4 weeks it is then... BTW the article that we have in the articles section states 3 weeks..

JAmes

Lawn mower bleeney

Will i lawnmower bleeney be hard on a dsb? I never see him by it unless he goes there when the lights are out. Of the perk clowns in the tank and the yellow tang the lawn mower blenny attracts the most attention, when people stop by. Thanks for the info Dewey

Re: Lawn mower bleeney

Dewey said:
Will i lawnmower bleeney be hard on a dsb? I never see him by it unless he goes there when the lights are out.
They are herbavors and will not be a concern for the sandbed like other planktonivor blennies.

Cheers
Steve

Scooter

I have two scooter blennies and no problems. They seem to be fine with frozen brine, great little characters. I got a small wrasse that tries to bully them, will be keeping an eye on that situation.

might want to try some cube food or chopped shrimp/clams etc. Brine doesnt provide much nutritional value after it has been frozen-- JMO

Back
Top Bottom