Shrimp molt droping PH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ljfdfireboy

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have been noticing that whenever my cleaner shrimp or peppermint shrimp molt I get about a .10 drop in PH. After I remove the molting the PH goes back up again after about 24h. I have searched around online to see if this was normal but could not find anything. This has been going on for the last year or more since I got the shrimps for the tank. Just thought I'd toss this out there to see if anyone else has experienced this or knows the reasoning behind the drop.

I don't think it's the molting. Could be when you test. Ph will go up when the lights are on slowly then drop slowly when the lights are off.

I don't think it's the molting. Could be when you test. Ph will go up when the lights are on slowly then drop slowly when the lights are off.

Forgot to mention Ph is monitored by apex. Usually when I see the rapid drop I know to go hunting for the molting and usually find one. Could be purely coincidental too I guess. And may be why I have not been able to find any info on it. It is weird though.

Yet again today noticed PH drop when I checked tank this am. PH down and peppermint shrimp molting found in tank. PH was stable all week. Very Strange.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-09-15 at 12.50.52 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-09-15 at 12.50.52 PM.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 67
Back
Top Bottom