shrimp queston

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tjara03

Aquarium Advice Freak
i have one medium sized skunk cleaner shrimp in my 75. could i possibly add another one?

also could i add some peppermints?

TIA!!

I would think you would be ok with both in a tank that size. On both parts of your question.

Are Coral banded shrimp ok with other kinds? I was hoping on a coral banded and two skunk cleaners in my 45 gallon. TIA!

CB's can be sometimes aggressive. I wouldn't say no, but would proceed with caution.

Let them live happily forever.. :)

They should be fine together. As far as the CB question, they can be aggressive, however, usually to their own kind. You wouldn't want to add more than one FME in a 75... esp in a 45..

Cheers,

Should be fine. I have 2 skunck cleaners, three peppermints, one fire/blood and one coral banded shrimp in my 72 with no trouble.

timbo2 said:
As far as the CB question, they can be aggressive, however, usually to their own kind.
Too true, they always keep them separate at my lfs and will even try to attack each other through the glass!

I keep a cleaner, 2 peppermints, and one very large 3” coral banded shrimp and they all get along swimmingly :D All are great scavengers but I would target feed them once a week for optimal health . I feed mine small pieces of raw shrimp once a week after soaking in Kent Marine Zoe & Selcon .

I house 2 Skunks, 2 Fires, 3 Peps, and a Pistol in my 55. The Peps are about 2-3 inches and the others are around 3-4 inches. They dont bother each other. The skunks are out during daylight hours, and everything else is out at night.

Back
Top Bottom