Shy Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JonSolo

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello All,

I have a 75 gallon reef with 130 lbs of live rock and numerous corals. The problem I am having is that my fish are extremely shy. I currently have a mated pair of Saddleback Clowns, a Blue Regal Tang (juvenile), a blue/yellow Damsel, and a Watchman Goby.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to draw them out of hiding so much?

Thanks,
Jon

In my experience, some fish will just hide forever.
Others, overtime will become more visible.
I am guessing that the room you keep your fish in does not suffer a lot of traffic.
There is of course the trick of getting rid of their hiding spaces but I can't imagine it does much for the fish's mental health.
Jeff

I've read that having fish that swims out in the open a lot will help the shy fishes come out more. They will see it is safe and swim out.

I spoke with a person who had this problem and he solved it by buying 7 or so blu/green chromis(he had 125g). Chromis are usually always out in the open swiming and in a few days all his fishes were out and about.

he solved it by buying 7 or so blu/green chromis

Yep that's what I'm thinking. Can you do 3 of'm. 2 would be fine too, it's just that when I lost one in QT and only had one left. Still, I've added 1 to and existing pair. Evrything has been fine for 1 week so far.

Green Chromis rock. I have 4, and love to watch them. They are so active that even my firefish doesnt hide, they all swim out together.

Back
Top Bottom