Sick clownfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
nikki_kaiser said:
If he hasn't added any snails or other live things recently, and his ammonia levels and nitrite levels are at 0, I would look at pH (could be too high or too low), oxygen levels (depletion of oxygen can cause their gills to turn red), test for nitrates, and even use a better quality dechlorinator if he's not already. Do a decent clean up of substrate and filters, and a partial water change.

If you can eliminate water quality or issues, then it sounds like a bacterial infection to be honest.

My science teacher has like 2 oxygen pumps on both sides of the tank so I highly doubt lack of oxygen.

I will confirm his pH and see if its a bacterial infection. What do you advise on for curing bacterial infections?

Bobjoefredsky said:
My science teacher has like 2 oxygen pumps on both sides of the tank so I highly doubt lack of oxygen.

I will confirm his pH and see if its a bacterial infection. What do you advise on for curing bacterial infections?

Wait...like bubblers? Ok, oxygen is transported into a saltwater tank via surface agitation and mechanical filtration. Bubblers can put oxygen in the water as long as the bubbles agitate the surface. I'm guessing if this is an established tank then he has a power head. Try pointing one if them towards the surface so it gets lots of movement. I still think that if everything checks out with water quality and pH it sounds bacterial.

Back
Top Bottom