Sick Coral Beauty Angelfish. PLEASE HELP!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Galentino925

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I came down to look at my tank today, and my Coral Beauty Angel is swimming sideways at the top of the tank with what sorta looks like a webbing around her/him. I don't know what happened, just last night it was swimming perfectly fine. I also kinda new at this, so any help is needed. My dad thinks it is going to die today, so this is URGENT! :eek: For fish in there I have: 2 three stripe damsels, 2 blue damsels, Foxface Rabbitfish, teardrop Butterfly, 2 ocellaris clownfish, a sharknose goby, and a turbo snail. HELP!!

All you can really do is take him out and set up a QT tank. Watch him closely. Its hard for us to give you a good answer to help with fish with the info provided. Can you list your paramaters and maybe a picture of the fish would be helpful.

Good luck and keep your fingers crossed and hope he makes it out ok.

what are your water parameters? how are you feeding? any chance he got stuck by the foxface?
Not sure what you mean by webbing.

Well I guess it wasn't really webbing, it was more like a dry fish in water, like he wasn't wet. I feel so bad because he/she didn't make it, aslo a Blue Damsel. I hope at least no one else dies, hope for the best.

Yeah, if two fish have died, something is going on and I would not think that more will not follow if the cause is not found. You've got some nice fish there. Water parameters would be a good start...

My Saltwater is a 55 gallon with dead coral and a fake coral piece from petsmart, and it has been up for about 1 1/2 months. I tested the water and found out that the nitrates and nitrites were high, so I got a treatment to help fix that. The pH and Ammonia in the tank were at the right levels. I'm not geting anymore fish until I'm 100% positive that no one else is going to die and the parameters are back in order.

If you have any nitrites at all, there is a major problem. How was the tank cycled? I recommend doing water changes every day.

This probably doesn't have anything to do with it but your tank is a little small for your butterfly n foxface. IMO

My Saltwater is a 55 gallon with dead coral and a fake coral piece from petsmart, and it has been up for about 1 1/2 months. I tested the water and found out that the nitrates and nitrites were high, so I got a treatment to help fix that. The pH and Ammonia in the tank were at the right levels. I'm not geting anymore fish until I'm 100% positive that no one else is going to die and the parameters are back in order.

What "treatment" did you get to fix the nitrites and nitrates. PWCs are what is needed, not chemicals.

PS- "not getting anymore fish until..." I'm not fish policing or hating, just trying to offer a helpful opinion. Your tank was already overstocked. Having damsels can lead to disaster, and unfortunately, Grease is right; the foxface and butterfly could use a bigger tank.

As mentioned, do partial water changes. Test your water everyday. Get everything under control. Research Research Research. Then reevaluate. Good luck!

The tank has been cycled pretty well, and I tested the weter again just five minutes ago and the nitrites were just a little high, so I put more Nitrite and Nitrate Reducer in the tank.

Do nit put anymore chemicals in there do water changes and when you listed all those fish for a tank that had been setup for a 1 1/2 months I hate to say this but asking for trouble. You have to go slow when adding fish into a new tank. It takes over a good month for a cycle to complete.

Too much too fast. Slow down. Do lots of water changes with rodi to get your parameters in check. Don't add ANY more chemicals to your tank, your doing more harm than good, especially in the long run. Do your research online, ash your questions here.

If your tank is cycled, then you should have zero nitrites and zero ammonia. It cant possibly be "cycled pretty well" if those are still there. You mention that levels are okay or high, but are not giving us levels. Are you testing or is a LFS? Can you please give actual numbers?

Agreed that adding chemicals is not the answer. We have a problem here and need to figure out what is causing the problem. Putting a band aid on it will not solve the problem in the long run.

Back
Top Bottom