Since Liverocks.com isnt available, who do you guys recommen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

divemasterjim

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ive bought all my Rocks from Liverocks.com but they are out of biz right now because of the hurricane. So who should I order liverocks from now?

liveaquari.com and marinedepotlive.com have some good lr

i have herd good things about liveaquari.com persinaly i dont like spending that kind of $ whithout seeing it first when i got mine i went to the lfs and payd the same as i would have at liveaquari.com

p.s. wer in the same town i would be happy to give you the name of the lfs

On getting LR shipped. If it is cured do we still need to "re-cure" it, or can I just plop it in my tank...?

I saw some LR that somebody got from Tampa Bay on this site and it was some good looking rock. Dont remember the web site

Ive bought all my Rocks from Liverocks.com but they are out

I bought from fosters and smith and Blue zoo. I purchased about 90lbs. of marshall island form Blue zoo aquatics and was very impressed.... Fosters was good too but for my money Blue zoo is the way to go... nice people very responsive...

Well I have heard great things about both tampa bay saltwater and live aquaria. I think if I had to purchase some new rock I would look at both and figure out which was cheaper overall. If they were teh same price then I think I woudl go with tamba bay cause I have heard good things and there is jsut somehting that makes me think they woudl be a bit more worth it.

I have no idea jsut the way my crazy head works.

Having done both the wild indo rock and the aquacultured... here's my .02 cents...
Aquacultured has a wild variety of hitch hikers and a better survival rate of them... incredible colors on the corralline too, but, it's very dense. I like that on one hand, it makes a great foundation for complicated structures, but I think I'm going to mix and match on the 135, put my 180lbs of florida rock on the bottom and go with another 120lbs or so marshall islands or haitian for the mid level and top rock. The porosity of natural live rock can't be beat, and the Marshall Islanders are getting good coaching on sustainable harvest. I will NOT support any more stripping of fiji island stuff though.

Back
Top Bottom