Six line wrasse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Readingexcalibur

Aquarium Advice Addict
Got my 6 line wrasse today. While I was drip acclimating him in the bucket, he started laying down on his side. In desperation to make sure he wasn't croaking in the bucket. I scooped him out with the net and added him to the tank. Probably made it worse! Now I cannot find the fish. I know they burrow from online reviews. But I cannot even find any trace of him at all. Any ideas?

Nvrmind, all of a sudden after hours he decided to come out. Now he is swimming around the rocks like a mad man exploring. I don't know why he was laying down. But he is fine now I guess.

Probably just stressed out. They hide really well and six lines "cocoon" themselves at night in the rocks with their extra slime coat.

Excellent fish choice :)

Thanks for your help. He is in my nano 28 reef. He just scared me when he was on his side in the bucket.

Mine was acting the same way when it arrived from LiveAquaria a couple months ago. Still doing great today!

I have one too, great eater, fast fish, I named mine Houdini because of how well he hides. Just be careful of aggression, adding fish to the tank will be hard when he is fully acclimated.

Very true i had to take mine out because he would kill all the fish i tried to add after he was well established in the tank. He killed one of my flasher wrasses and a mystery wrasse

Noted. I did notice he tends to get first pick of the food. The clowns don't stand a chance because of his sheer speed. Luckily they get a little food because the brine spreads around so much. Now the goby getting food is another story!

Do they mess with fish that have been in the tank with them or just newcomers

The reason they were fighting with the flasher wrasse is because they are Similar species. That will almost always happen. They normally don't fight tank mates as long as they don't look alike.

I have had my sixline for several months now. I got him from bluezooaquatics and all the fish arrived on their backs or on their sides. One clown was dead, and the other was barely alive, same as the sixline. I followed their instructions and acclimated anyway. After acclimating, I put them in the QT tank and the clown came to life. The sixline laid on his side for every bit of 24 hours.

Since then I had a strange die off in my tank, the only fish I have now are that sixline, a yellow watchman goby, and my royal gramma.

The flasher and the sixline are not really alike. The flashers look like small fairy wrasses. My mystery did not really look anything like my sixline and he killed him too. He never picked on the fish that were there before him just on the newcomers

Jabibi said:
The flasher and the sixline are not really alike. The flashers look like small fairy wrasses. My mystery did not really look anything like my sixline and he killed him too. He never picked on the fish that were there before him just on the newcomers

I think it's more body shape than color. They all have the same sleek and long body.

My sixline is/was a bully to new fish. BUT after a few days he lays off. he bullied my butterfly, the red coris wrasse, the yellow coris wrasse as well as the midas i had in there for a short time. I think mine just trie to bully them to see if he can win but so far no luck. LOL

Back
Top Bottom