Six line wrasse discoloration

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Falconsrock23

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
image-3229629181.jpg

Here is a pic don't know how well you will be able to see it. It seems to. Have like white blotches on his skin.

Hard to see but its possible that he has some kind of bacterial/fungal growth on him. What else is in the tank, how long has it been running, what are you test results?

Tank has been running for about two months now. Testing the water now and that is the only fish in the tank he was my first addition.

How would I buffer my ph because I know that's really low but you think that's what caused this "fungus"

That pH is really low. What is your temperature set at? Usually pale skin is a sign of stress, which the pH would definitely cause. Also, what was your ammonia test result? I would consider doing a water change.

They almost look like the blotches after the ich parasite ruptures from the fish, but it's hard to tell.

PH is definitely a touch low, but I'll need to defer to the experts in the group...I have far less experience with saltwater fish, but I know that little white flecks on the sides of a fish is typically not a good thing (this is how things like marine ich and the like can start) - not saying you have ich mind you, but it's what it sounds kinda like to me.

the temp is a little to high.

do you have a glass cover and how much surface agitation is there. to get your PH to raise try aiming a power head up at the surface so the water can aerate its self

Yes I have a glass cover and there is slot of surface agitation I have an mp10 like 2 inches from the surface in my 29 biocube.

Ammonia was also 0 sorry and my temp stays around 80 degrees

Hmmm...I guess I would just try to do a water change and get some fresh supplements in the tank. I also have the biocube 29 and keep the temp around 80-81, but my pH stays around 8.0. I also only have one 425gph powerhead in there with no problems. :huh:

I'm at a loss lol I can't think of anything else sorry. I guess you could always add some buffer, although I try not to add any chemicals to my tanks.

all4wheels2 said:
Hmmm...I guess I would just try to do a water change and get some fresh supplements in the tank. I also have the biocube 29 and keep the temp around 80-81, but my pH stays around 8.0. I also only have one 425gph powerhead in there with no problems. :huh:

I'm at a loss lol I can't think of anything else sorry. I guess you could always add some buffer, although I try not to add any chemicals to my tanks.
What kind of supplements should I add?

I meant that the salt mix should have supplements already in it which theoretically maintains the pH and calcium and other stuff like that. I use Instant Ocean salt mix and really like it.

Sorry for the confusion.

Ya I was really quick to reply and got what you meant like two minutes after I posted haha sorry

Back
Top Bottom