Six Line Wrasse for...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

a brissle worm eating machine?

I have a slight infestation with bristle worms, prolly at a guess from lights out, in the 1000's possibly 10,000's... Will one of these fish help control this population? I like the way they look, and they are reef safe, has anyone found them to be a good fish to have???

id get a an arrow crab they eat those things like crazy, or even some kinda small dottyback. ive never heard wheather 6 lines will or will not eat em.

Sixlines may help reduce the bristleworm population but most likely not that well. A better recomendation based on tank size and possible mobile invert polulation would be a canary wrasse halichoeres chrysus. It will actually hunt for them as opposed to eating something it stumbles upon.

I would also add that eliminating or greatly reducing these poulations are not in your best interest. They like any other critters in the tank add to the "whole" package.

Cheers
Steve

Thanks guys, I have decided not to add anymore fish right now... I do not see them much in the day time, and they do a good job of cleanup....So, I am going to let them stay and enjoy themselves... :lol:

Back
Top Bottom