skimmer and adjusting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

i like fish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
so i was looking into getting a cheapo skimmer like the seaclone 100. but i was reading about them and people said they have to constantly readjust them everyday, this is a lil too much work than id like to do, i dont mind every week but everyday is too much, then i talked to my lfs guy today and he said basically all skimmers are like that, but since all of you have used such a wide variety of skimmers is this true, do they really need such attention after a few weeks, or are there ones that are better, or what?

actually he doesnt sell any skimmers, hes very honest, and he would have to order any skimmer that i wanted... so i dunno, thats why i wanna know if skimmers are like this

I have a seaclone, I hate it. Although is works OK....and I emphasis that it is just margional, it puts sooooo many bubbles in my tank that is is hard to enjoy my fish. I'm building a sump so I will put it down there, maybe that will help. I wouldn't recomend a seaclone. Maybe someone here will sell you a used bakpak or something. Look on ebay and captivereefs.com(remember 6% discount) and see if you can find a deal. Hope that helps a little.

thanks, i was looking at cpr and remoras but they are kinda pricey...seaclone sounds liek a red light, from what ive read elsewhere and on this sight i think im gonna steer clear... thanks

my skimmer (don't know the brand) was funky and needed adjusted daily for about 3 weeks. After that, it's all good and haven't touched it in 3 months. Think all new ones need to build up a film or just get broken in for 2 weeks or so.

Jim

CPR bak-paks are really the cheapest skimmer that you can buy that's still pretty effective. The Red Sea Prizm line is worse than the SeaClones.

I have to adjust my Seaclone 100 everyday. I am saving now to get something better. Unless Santa see's this and gets me a good one for Christmas. :wink:

i haven't adjusted my acqua c since the day i bought it, might be skimming a little to much cause i am emptying it every other day, but no maintanence is involved and it works great.

Back
Top Bottom