Skimmer Bubbles -- ugh :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm going to watch this thread for ideas, too, as I'm a newbie at this. From all I've read, I built a bubble trap into my sump in order to try to head this problem off.

So far I have no experience "Debugging" a skimmer, though, so I hope to learn from the experience (mistakes??? of others.

Is the skimmer running is a sump? Or is it a HOB?
For a sump a simple solution is to get a big sponge and place it at the water discharge. The bubbles can break up within the sponge.
I had to do this with my HSA skimmer.

...sounds like a terrific idea. Midiman, please see above.

It's running HOT right now but will be HOS tomorrow. The sump has a sponge which should help but I will make another one to help as well.

Thanks alot!

Cool!

Actually, my in-sump mag pump has a foam prefilter thingy which I'm going to leave on. To get into my tank, those pesky little bubblets will have to hurdle an imposing bubble baffle, negotiate an underwater underpass, and penetrate the protective foam. They don't stand a chance!!!! (I hope)

good call... it seems to be working okay although not ideal but...

i'm going to connect 90 degree elbows to the outputs to cut down on the darn noise.

regards :)

Back
Top Bottom