Skimmer for a 200g reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jamal-188

Aquarium Advice Addict
Looking for a skimmer for a 200g reef tank. I was making a 6ft counter current skimmer but feel it may not cut it. I am considering a
AquaC EV240 (found a good deal on a cracked one)
AquaC EV180

or

Euro-Reef CS6-1 or CS6-2 but they are a little more $ than I wanted to spend :roll:

I also found a Aqua C Ev-150 w/ mag 700 for $225, but I guess this is way too small for my tank :?

Any suggestions or recomendtations would be great
Chris :lol:

I would probably jump on the EV 240 if it's easily fixable. If you like the Euroreef models, but don't want to fork over quite so much $$, you might look at ASM...they are very similar.

The EV series are very nice and would be my first choice. The EV240 if fixable would be perfect. The EV180 may be a little small or right on the edge. The Euroreef is nice but for a 200 i would at least go with a CS6-3 or a CS8-1.

I've found a few EV240's w/ pumps in the low $300 range... but I"m considering this as well, a H&S external skimmer model A110-F2000 w/ a aquabee 2000 pump. It's never used and asking 450 shipped. I've heard some good things about H&S skimmers, what do you guys think? It's a bit more than what I was hoping to spend but if it's really worth it I may bite.

I found a lifereef SVS2-24 + a mag12 for 200 + shipping, anybody know how this skimmer compares to the euro-reef or AquaC I was looking at? BTW, I lost the AquaC 240 to a guy on ebay but now he said he'd sell it to me for the winning bid plus shipping for a total of $272......so many decisions :roll:

Still not sure what to do or get? This is about as confusing as figuring what type of lighting to put on a reef tank.

Back
Top Bottom