Skimmer question....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lonewolfblue

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well, I'm thinking of trying out the SW side of things, lol. Been thinking of either doing a 55G or a 29G, but thinking more of doing the 55G with the 29G as a hospital tank, where I would use the 29G for either sick fish, or for new purchases for a month before moving them into the main tank. Now for my question, what would be a good skimmer for the 55G, and how about the 29G if I just did that one instead? I've already got the tanks, lights, filters, etc, and would just get all new media/sponges, etc for the filter, and would get a few more powerheads or pumps, but other than that, I got a lot of what I need already. Just not real familiar with protein skimmers.

I have had a few ASM skimmers and never had any complaints. I've also heard good things about octopus. The one thing i can say with certainty is don't every buy a coralife skimmer... or any of their products in my opinion.

Why not? I have some Coralife lights, and they are by far better than the Oddessea's I have. And much, much quieter.

Their skimmers are garbage. I had one that constantly malfunctioned and didn't even work that well when it was working. I also had a basic coralife light fixture. Was just the basic 2 bulb t-5ho that started on fire over the tank. I've heard others complain about their skimmers and the store i worked at was going to stop carrying their entire line of lights because so many people returned them.

Back
Top Bottom