Skimmer Recommendations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tuwhada

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am looking for an inexpensive skimmer for my 90 gal fowlr tank I have a 30 gallon sump so I would like an insump setup. I actually have a ccess to a turbo berlin at 20% above cost and I didn't want to jump into it. Are there any other suggestions.

Thanks
Christina

I doubt you'll find a new skimmer of the same quality for the same price if you can get a berlin turbo for 20% above cost. I am not tooo keen on the berlin classic skimmers anymore, they do OK, I just think you can get a better skimmer for the same money, but the turbos should do well, the aspiration pumps are the hottest thing these days ;)

An Aqua-C urchin pro would do the job nicely. I am not a big fan of the rd sea skimmers. They work just not that great. Plus the impellars on the pumps always break at the worst possible time.

I'd agree that the Aqua C EV120 would be the best bet. They are not cheap though. Aqua C Urchin Pro with a Mag 3 would be the next one...cheaper, but still not cheap. The Berlin will do the job, but I doubt you'll be happy with it long term. JMHO.
Another alternative, if you have room in the sump, would be a Euro Reef or ASM. They are both good skimmers, but they take up lots of space in the sump.

Any suggestion on where I can get them. Also what pump do you recommend.
I am able to get a Red Sea prizm and a seaclone. Those are no good correct. I am going to see if they can order the aqua c for me. You never know.
Thanks
Christina

Check with the sponsors of this site. You'll find, at the bottom of the forums list, the sponsor forums. Several will have this equipment available and most offer some discount to AA.com members.

I have a red sea classic with a mag 5 that I use. It works but they need attention to their adjustments. I would not think a sea clone or a prizm could handle a 90 gal reef.

I want to get a Urchin Pro for my 75 gal. I'll sell you the Berlin w/ pump if your interested.

Thank you anyway, I think I would prefer to get a new one. Plus I can get the berlin turbo at my store. I think I am going to go with the aquac.

Thanks again
Christina

Back
Top Bottom