skimmer suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kribbz

Aquarium Advice FINatic
ok, i am currently remodeling underneath my tank and i need a skimmer. i went to the lfs and they recommended the skimmer below. however my new set up is a rubbermaid container filled about 7 inches high and as the water evaporates the settings for the skimmer needs to be readjusted. so if i'm not there for a couple of hours then it doesn't do anything. do you guys have any suggestions on a skimmer that i can use. it is a 65 gallon reef with 2 clowns, neon goby, yellow tang and a purple tang. so it is pretty stocked. help is greatly appreciated. thanks kyle

kribbz

Premium Aquatic's is having a SALE on these lil' EuroReefs! **be sure and check the Display Reviews button on that page**

Ok, I have a larger version of this one on my 90 and it totally OWNS!

$198 with free shipping is a sweet deal, too. It produces zillions of chopped bubbles that move slowly to allow the longest possible water/air contact time. Its easy to clean and maintain. It is easily adjusted by sliding the vertical water-out-pipe up or down. And it even has a nice sponge on its water-out-pipe so that it runs quietly.

If this model will fit in your sump, I think you'd like it. =)

schild43.gif
I've heard nothing but good things about the EuroReef skimmers, and at that price...it includes the pump...and free shipping...that looks like a sweet deal! (y)

Casie, how about putting this deal in the SW bargains thread.
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=2093

ok but would i be ok without a skimmer for like a week until it shows up. maybe doing like constant water changes?

You will be fine without a skimmer for a few weeks. Many people do not use one at all. Constant water cahnges are not necessary but regular large water changes will keep DOC's incheck. IMO small water changes of 10 or 15% don't add significantly to the water quality. Such a small dilution won't reduce the amount of DOC, heavy metal, or other nasty accumulation. If I do a water change it is in the neighborhood of 40-60%. Even such large dilutions will only decrease the percent of accumulation by 50% or less. IMO it is better/more beneficial to do one large water change at a lesser frequency than several small ones more frequently.

Mark

aquadose delivery system. I.V. on my 75gal 1drop every 3sec is great. my fresh r.o. water is added and my levels stay the same. with out it i'm low in 3 days. thanks to kevins help i can go away for a week. 3 days is 1gal, i have a 2 1/2 gal i.v container.

Back
Top Bottom