skimmer upgrade, what do you think

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

quarryshark

Aquarium Advice Addict
Today is skimmer upgrade day. Anyone had experience with HSA skimmers, specifically the model 250?
Would it be good for my system? Am taking suggestion for anything better.
Thanks in advance.

Never dealt with them at all. I would stick with something that has a good record. An aqua-c or euroreef would do the trick!

Ok, I'm listening. I looked at your site. Which model would you suggest?
Also, would you have a use for my AE tech ( I believe it to be a super reef devil)?
I'm having a small battle with cyno and my skimmer is just not performing very well. Need something with some kick!!

For your tank the Aqua-C EV 180 and 240 are awsome skimemrs as are the Euroreef CS6-4 and CS8-1. I prefer the euro reefs since they come with a pump and are dead silent during operation! I do not sell AE tech stuff on the site. I can get it but really do no like downdraft skimming unless it is in a large skimmer set up!

What about the aquamedic turboflotor 1000? Another one I was considering. Too wimpy?

Turboflotor 1000 Really does not compare to a Euroreef or Aqua-C. Nice skimmers but i really do not care much for them.

Thanks, but I went with the HSA. My lfs gave me a good trade in since is was him that sold me the reefdevil.
Thanks for the help, you website is great and I will use it for future items.

Keep us posted on the HSA! Always helps to learn about a new product or a different brand!

Will do, could not hook it up last night. Of course there was no hose adaptor from the pump and Home Depot was closed. :evil:
I'll give you a report.

Darin, first impression of the HSA skimmer....it rocks!! I set it up this afternoon and it is producing already. Granted the skimmage is not coffee dark yes, but I already have 1/2" of dark tea colored water. I would have taken my 2-3 days to get that with the reefdevil. With the reef devil, I had to struggle to get bubbles to reach the cup. with the HSA, the bubbles are a lot finer and I had to adjust it DOWN some. Thats a first.
I know it needs to break in, but so far I am impressed. Powerful sucker. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom