snail ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clownface

Aquarium Advice Regular
got 3 today and they buried themselves in the sand i have to turn the sand over to find them,when do they come back to the surface?,or are they supposed to turn over the sand?

If they went into the sand they are supposed to be there. Do you remember what kind of snail? More than likely they are some sort of Nassarius snail...should be fine. Just a reminder....always research anything you buy before you add it to your tank. Easier to say 'no' than try and remove anything after they're in your tank...fish, inverts, corals.

Fireman

I agree they are probably nassarius snails. They will come out when you put food in the tank. Great snails for clean up and to stir the surface of your sand bed.

thats them the lfs did a demo with a tank he put food in and the tank came alive-i havent seen them all day i guess when they don't come out and feed u have to find them cauze maybee they are dead

Nah, I wouldn't disturb them. If one should die, the others will clean it up. That's what they do.

Back
Top Bottom