snail laid eggs should i move them

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

douggiestyle

Aquarium Advice Freak
snail laid eggs last night. should i scrape them off the glass and move them to a small tank where they will not be bothered?

im all ears.

My Certh snails lay eggs on the glass all the time. None of them ever hatch, I think my Maculosus Angel eats them.

yep, they are good fish food that's about it. I've never had any hatch.

Maybe you could cover them with something if you would like them to hatch. A five sided plastic box with holes in it comes to mind. I am not sure how long it takes them to hatch but good luck whatever you do

How does a snail's eggs looks like? Do snails need to have a mate in order to lay eggs?

I must say that I have had snail eggs for 3 months and never thought about anything but them being a little snack for my fish, but today I noticed a very small snail on my glass. I know I did not add this snail, so I am assuming it must have actually survived and hatched. It looks to be a nassurius, but I will have to let it get bigger to really tell. I will try and post a pic later.

ow does a snail's eggs looks like
these are white and look like a zig-zag stitch apx 2 inches long. honestly im not sure if they are snail eggs but due to there location what else could they be?

the eggs hatched last night. any know the life cycle of snails? do they hatch as a complete snail, or do they go through some type of larval stage?

Back
Top Bottom