Snail out of water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Keysman

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've got a Turban Snail had him for about 2 weeks got up this morning and found him out the water all the way is this normal

No not at the water line totally out of the water and upside down on the trickle system and it's the Turban Snail not the turbo snail

Snails aren't that bright. It happens a lot. Just pop em off and plop them back in if you're worried. I just let them figure it out on their own most of the time.

I found a snail on the back of my tank last week. I really wouldnt worry unless your water is not up to par, I've heard snails sometimes go out of water if the parameters are screwy.

Mine love that water line guess they like living on the edge

They actually snail up and INTO my hob skimmer. i still have to clean it out cause I just know there are some in there dead. lol i have like 70 snails i think now. If not more. I think they are multiplying

No not on the water line out of the water completely

ya it is fine if snails are out of the water I have bubble snails, turbo snails, cerith snails and in another tank some sea slugs and all of them love to get out of the water. No it is not bad water quality it is just they don't know any better so they will look for food in creative places if there is not enough, or if they see another snail/ slug they may follow them to find food. In fact just a few days ago I had put rocks on top of the aquariums because I had accidentally stepped on a turbo and found others following that one, I will always remember that day. so, they are fine out of water just, watch your step.

Back
Top Bottom