Snapping Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I read they pair up with yellow gobies

I would try the yellow watchman goby first, and give it a little time to see what happens. If they dont pair up, you can always add another pistol shrimp later to pair with the goby, but no reason to spend money on a pistol shrimp if you already have one that may do what you want.

This shrimp is a bullseye pistol. I have one too got him for a steal at $12!! They have a very low paring rate as they are pretty solitary and have really good eyesight unlike most pistols. Good luck trying to get him paired. I had to get a tiger pistol to pair with my goby. :)

Yeah, he lives in that rock and never comes out. The tunnel must go deep into the rock.

I'll try out a goby pistol pair. What's the worst that could happen?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389131567.974364.jpg

This is the best I can do right now. You can kinda see the purple claws coming out of the hole

Thanks and his heads pink too. He loves that hole though. He only comes out for less than a second to grab a pellet

Its hard to see but at the beginning of the video he pops out to grab a couple pellets

It's definitely a shrimp broski. It's not spiny and it eats like a shrimp with its long front legs

Ok I don't know what this shrimp is still. It's def a pistol shrimp, but it's purple all over and it has black eyes. I think this is an undocumented shrimp.

Back
Top Bottom