Snotty blob

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

c0mf0rt

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I never left a post about this in the past but since it's happened a few more times since... I'm wondering......

I keep finding "snotty blobs" in my tank... usually stuck to a rock or substrate.... they're clear with nothing apprently inside.... any ideas??? they're about the size of a marble strung out of course from the rock....

Reminds me of Decaying pellet food i used to see in peoples oscar and jack dempsey tanks who over fed. It'd look like it was clear and fuzzy. Just an idea, could be something totally different entirely.

A few weeks ago, I dumped a small piece of cocktail shrimp in my QT to kick start it. A few days later I had something similar. As Berzer said, decaying food, but could be something totally different.

My 2 cents. :)

I guess it could be decaying food... but I never dump anything in there that size....

I had a HUGE spot of this on a new piece of live rock I just bought. Probably 3" across. I was kinda hoping it was some kind of sponge or something.

Algae ???????? What kind ??? Where can I find out more info ???

Back
Top Bottom