Snowflake Clownfish Spawning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MarinaClown

Aquarium Advice FINatic
It's happening. I have had these two clowns for just about 2 months. They are spawning for the first time. The clowns have gotten more aggressive too. This is so exciting.

image-2128020138.jpg

Attachments

• image-3256787687.jpg
    image-3256787687.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 125
Luck has been a big factor with these two clowns. The clowns took to the anemone on the first night they had been placed in the tank. There was a green bubble tip anemone which unfortunately was not big enough for them. So, a large rainbow bubble anemone was purchased for them. Both of the clowns started sleeping in it whereas before the female clown would not share the smaller anemone with the male. It was truly amazing to watch them spawn for the first time. Thanks everyone for sharing the joy.

This is what I know about clown babies so get ready!

You'll need a little breeder tank ready for them. Like a 10gallon.

The eggs they lay will turn silver. The day they turn silver is the day they hatch. They hatch at night so it's suggested that you watch the tank with a flashlight. When they start hatching they are TINY so use some airline tubing to start syphoning them into the little tank as they hatch.

Once you've rescued some you have to start feeding. They only eat rotifiers at the bigging, for like a week or something. Then they only eat live baby brine shrimp that you have to breed for them to eat for another 2 weeks or so. Then ween them onto frozen.

I hear for hobbiests its extremely time consuming and difficult if you don't have everything set up just right.

Good luck though, it would be awesome to do if you have the time and energy...lol

This is what I know about clown babies so get ready! You'll need a little breeder tank ready for them. Like a 10gallon. The eggs they lay will turn silver. The day they turn silver is the day they hatch. They hatch at night so it's suggested that you watch the tank with a flashlight. When they start hatching they are TINY so use some airline tubing to start syphoning them into the little tank as they hatch. Once you've rescued some you have to start feeding. They only eat rotifiers at the bigging, for like a week or something. Then they only eat live baby brine shrimp that you have to breed for them to eat for another 2 weeks or so. Then ween them onto frozen. I hear for hobbiests its extremely time consuming and difficult if you don't have everything set up just right. Good luck though, it would be awesome to do if you have the time and energy...lol
This is great info. Thanks! What kind of flow and filtration is appropriate for the breeder tank such that they don't get blown away or sucked into the filter?

Back
Top Bottom