Snowflake clowns and green chromis both spawning days apart from each other.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

circus clowns

Aquarium Advice Freak
The chromis eggs are all over the glass, inches away from the clown fish eggs. Any thoughts...

Hey mate sorry cant answer your question. But have one for you if it's okay what do these eggs look like because I have little white spots all over the back glass that appear to e getting larger

Attachments

• image-4103983684.jpg
    image-4103983684.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 122
My only thoughts are if you want to try and keep them alive and raise them to start reading Alot, from what little ive read it is a ton of work to raise clown fry

Yeah would need a hatchery yeah? So you think they are eggs? I wasnt sure does it sound like what you have? How can you tell between the clown eggs and chromis because I have both these fish also

I didn't know what chromis eggs looked like until yesterday, they don't exactly look like eggs, I didn't know what they were so I kept wiping them off my glass for about two months, I thought they were some tiny type of polyp infestation. So I come home yesterday and there's white spot s again all over the glass, but I notice that the chromi and my clowns are getting aggressive with each other, and then I see the chromis rubbing against where the white spots are, so I looked on u tube and that what they were. The clown fish laid eggs on the eighth of sep. , they look like little orange balls in a circle like cluster when they first lay them , by the 4 th day they are clear looking with black tiny little eyes, from the 7th to 9th day they develop a silver ring around there eyes and then you know there ready to hatch, I have 1 fry from the last batch, today is two week old birthday, he was one of the ones that hatched early , just a few of them, maybe 15. The next night for the big hatch I passed out and missed hundreds of babies, and when I woke up the we're all gone either eaton or hid in the rock work until they starved. I'll post pictures later..

Clown fish eggs...

Attachments

• image-2135869763.jpg
    image-2135869763.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 84
  • image-2851604711.jpg
    image-2851604711.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 85
  • image-1015390939.jpg
    image-1015390939.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 77
Very nice. The conditions must be right so they'll probably lay eggs frequently.

Sorry mixed up pics, the 2nd pic where they are orange are how they look for the first day or two, the 1st pic the eggs are about 4 or 5 days old, and the 3rd pic where you could see silver around their eyes are about 7-9 days old that's when you know there ready to hatch..the chromis hatched last night so no pics right now, don't know to much about them yet , I have no idea when the next time there going to hatch, but I'm pretty sure their similar to the clown fish. Also last night when I was looking at the green chromis larva, I also seen a shrimp larva swimming around which means they too are now hatching eggs. All this happening at once is hurting my head, so much I don't know, and so much to learn and read. I'm just going to have to take it one fish at a time....

You'll be alright. They will lay eggs again. Those fry are going to get eaten without question. Take this time to read up and set up if you want to raise some fry!

Back
Top Bottom