Snowflake eel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you for your reply, how big is your tank? What other fish do you have?
75 gal with bi color blenny,orange spotted goby,peppermint shrimp and hermits, snails.started out as a frag tank still is but need some life in there.

Attachments

• image-699961625.jpg
    image-699961625.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 104
75 gal with bi color blenny,orange spotted goby,peppermint shrimp and hermits, snails.started out as a frag tank still is but need some life in there.

You may have gotten lucky then, OP one person may have luck with a fish but it doesnt mean you will. I know that feeling of when everyone says its wrong but one person says its right. You get really excited and you think it will be ok. Not saying its wrong to have the eel with invertabrates its just an example, like this: "is it ok to have a tang in a 20g?" then everyone says no but one person says: "i have 2 in my 20g and they are fine, never get sick or stressed" just because one person says its ok to have a tang in a 20 doesnt mean you should right? But in this situation he is lucky and has one that is docile, doesnt mean it will work that way for you.

Doesn't mean it won't. If you have the eel.enjoy it!

True true, its just this feeling has happend to me before and i was warning the OP about it. Good luck with the eel!!! I would not take the chance personally IMO, but thats my opinion. Any pics of him OP?

I currently have a 17" snowflake in my 110g reef.
I have learned not to keep fish and shrimp small enough for him to eat.
If it fits in his mouth he will try to eat it.
This is about what I have lost since I got him:
(4) green chromis
(6) peppermint shrimp
(2) cleaner shrimp
True percula clownfish (2")
Picasso clown (2")
And a handful of small damsels

At first I just didn't know what would happen to them, I would wake up and be missing a fish, I eventually figured it out.
As long as you keep him fed good, once every three days, 3 silversides, then he shouldn't be too hungry and try and eat a fish

Wow...that's an expensive moray lesson. I fed them in the wild and know they are designed to do one thing. Eat things smaller than itself. Here is a wild shot of your snow flakes bigger cousin ;-)ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388378250.079393.jpg

Hawaiian spotted moray...this one was very hungry for a snack and was about 36" long. Shot at night at about 50'

Wow...that's an expensive moray lesson. I fed them in the wild and know they are designed to do one thing. Eat things smaller than itself. Here is a wild shot of your snow flakes bigger cousin ;-)View attachment 214260

Hawaiian spotted moray...this one was very hungry for a snack and was about 36" long. Shot at night at about 50'

That is an awesome photo!

I currently have a 17" snowflake in my 110g reef.
I have learned not to keep fish and shrimp small enough for him to eat.
If it fits in his mouth he will try to eat it.
This is about what I have lost since I got him:
(4) green chromis
(6) peppermint shrimp
(2) cleaner shrimp
True percula clownfish (2")
Picasso clown (2")
And a handful of small damsels

At first I just didn't know what would happen to them, I would wake up and be missing a fish, I eventually figured it out.
As long as you keep him fed good, once every three days, 3 silversides, then he shouldn't be too hungry and try and eat a fish

Your snowflake has expensive taste lol

Back
Top Bottom