Snowflake moray and reef possibilities.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kampfer

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Will having a snowflake pretty much halt the chances of having a decent reef community?

They'll find shrimp/crabs delicious, and possibly small fish.. even though they consume inverts (snails and stars should be safe), I would not keep them with any fish that can fit in their mouth.

That said, there have been those who have done it, with varying success.

I would not risk it, but then, I have not tried it.

My SFE in my fowlr has not bothered my small clowns and purple psudochromis. They are not known fish eaters.... "KNOWN" Like anything if hungry they may eat a fish. The shrimps are out but mine has not touched a single hermit crab so they would be fine. I don't think they have the crushing power to eat a hermit.
When it gets large it may knock over corals when swimming the tank.
You will need to hand feed the eel because they do not see very well and can not compete for food with the fast fish. I use a feeding tongs to direct feed him in his home.

seaham358 said:
My SFE in my fowlr has not bothered my small clowns and purple psudochromis. They are not known fish eaters.... "KNOWN" Like anything if hungry they may eat a fish. The shrimps are out but mine has not touched a single hermit crab so they would be fine. I don't think they have the crushing power to eat a hermit.
When it gets large it may knock over corals when swimming the tank.
You will need to hand feed the eel because they do not see very well and can not compete for food with the fast fish. I use a feeding tongs to direct feed him in his home.

My LFS has excellent feeding sticks for just this purpose.

Back
Top Bottom