Snowflake safe with other fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

prisoner1572

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a blenny and two clowns. Would I be able to have a snowflake eel with these fish. A book I read siad that you can keep snowflakes with other fish because they are not that aggresive. Is this only true if the other fish are big ones?

Snowflakes are usually pretty doscile as long as they are kept properly fed. The clowns should be fine but I would urge caution on gobies and blennies. Any species that may have a tendancy to burrow for that matter. IME, the eel likes to take over other "homes" and will often kill the fish in the process. Don't forget, eels are night predators when most other fish will be sleeping so they can fall prey quite easily.

Cheers
Steve

What kind of blenny?
I have a SFE with 2 clowns, ember blenny, psudochromis and he bothers no one. They are not fish eaters, they are more of crustacean eaters thats why their teeth are different then other eels. But as Steve says you need to keep him fed because if he gets hungry then all beats are off.
I made a pile of LR just for my eel so he has his own home and dose not bother anyone else.

Back
Top Bottom