Soak in Garlic!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fish dont eat much

My fish are pretty new(a month or less), started out eting frozen mysis shrimp like crazy! Now they hardly eat at all so i tried the garlic soak, still wont touch food. Wont touch shrimp, flakes, or pellets. I have a yellow angel, 2 clowns, a damsel, and a sand sifting goby. The goby and the damsel eat great! The yellow angel just picks at the live rock constantly, but the clowns come up to the food and swim away? Any suggestions?

Good read but I'll continue to use the garlic every now and again with the Selcon. If anything adverse happens I'll be sure to write about it.

There's studies about everything we use for fish, dogs, cats and ourselves. Read the studies on Tylenol. It's the number one reason for emergency room visits.

My fish are pretty new(a month or less), started out eting frozen mysis shrimp like crazy! Now they hardly eat at all so i tried the garlic soak, still wont touch food. Wont touch shrimp, flakes, or pellets. I have a yellow angel, 2 clowns, a damsel, and a sand sifting goby. The goby and the damsel eat great! The yellow angel just picks at the live rock constantly, but the clowns come up to the food and swim away? Any suggestions?
I have a few fish including my clown that will not touch the garlic soaked food even if i only use one drop on an entire cube, my fish also do not like the mysis shrimp nearly as much as the brine, I guess every fish is different you just have to play around to see what works best along with keeping the diet mixed up as much as possible in my eyes

I just want everyone to know that I am not saying dont use garlic. There are some people that have experience with garlic and some of those are good experiences. I would never discount someone elses experience. It was just an interesting read.

melosu58 said:
I just want everyone to know that I am not saying dont use garlic. There are some people that have experience with garlic and some of those are good experiences. I would never discount someone elses experience. It was just an interesting read.

My thoughts aswell, nobody is saying dont use it.

Back
Top Bottom