Soft Coral Feeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bootz

Aquarium Advice Freak
The other i picked up a Neon Green Palau Nephthea. its uses both photosynthesis and needs to be fed foods designed for filter feeders. Nowhere can i find how frequently i should feed it. I purchased marine snow from my lfs and he said for one frag feed it once a week. Can someone here include me how how many times i should feed this coral it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, -Pete

IMO it does not need to be target fed. It gets all it needs from the lighting and water column. But if you are intent on feeding then I dont see why feeding once a week would not suffice. I`m just not one of those that believe in target feedings. My tank is almost 14 yrs old and never have I target fed it. I`m good with just proper lighting and water column as I said.

i havent been target feeding i turn off my mechanical filtration and put a capful of the marine snow in and let it sit for an hour .

Most everything that the corals need is light and what the light doesn't give them keeping the glass clean will. The only ones I worry about is the sun coral and the duncan the rest are on their own. I do turn off my pumps a couple of times a week for about 15 minutes when i feed so the corals can catch what they can. I feed rods food when I turn the pumps off.

Back
Top Bottom