Solid precipitate on my sump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

daney90

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've been dosing for ~6 months now and I just recently cleaned my sump due to its white solid deposits on the glass that took me a day to scrubbed it off.

Right now I'm using kent salt and it gives me fairly high calcium reading and a low calcium. So I dose my tank with aquavitro (eight.four) a KH buffer to have 8.5dkh at 450 ppm calcium. I have my doser set 21 ml/day of the eight.four in my sump where I put my return pump.

How can I stop this solid precipitate? or should I be cleaning my sump every 3 months and scape this white thing?

I used to dose both when I was using reef crystal as my salt. Now that I switched to kent salt, it's calcium was really high so I stopped dosing my calcium supp and continue my alk.

Is 8.5dkh too much? I remember when I stopped dosing my alkalinity would dip down to 5dkh.

Nope, not at all. Its just the calcium, magnesium, and alkalinity have to balance each other out to stop from precipitating.

How is the flow where youre dosing the alkalinity?

I have the lines placed on my 3rd compartment of my sump where the return pump is at.

I would first try adding some more turbulence into that compartment. There's a decent gallonage flow in the last compartment normally; but it's rarely turbulent enough from what I've seen.

Ok I'll try it to put it in the first compartment where the drain, skimmer and gfo reactor and see if that works.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom