some questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MERCTECH

Aquarium Advice Regular
just got a yellow sea bae anomie. that night i came home to find it in the sand. i put in back on the rock but now have a hard time keeping the thing anchored to one spot. i just since i am moving it been shriveled up and then open a little bit. i notice early in the morning before the pc's turn on the it's closed. is this normal behavior?

also my clown fish (per. clownfish) havn't gone near it.

anemones will move wherever they please! Usually, give it some time and it will find it's "happy spot". The best thing is just to leave it alone and not irritate it while this is occurring.

And also a warning: It's not always in a place you would like them to be, either!

They will also open and close somewhat with the light cycle, but it's probably irritated from all the moving too.

Clowns may or may not host it.....you'll just have to wait and see. HTH

I looked in your profile and didnt see anything written about your tank merctech, what kind of lighting do you have for this anemone? It may be trying to find more light, or more current..they are quite particular about what they think is a good spot.

one blue 96 watt pc and one white 96 watt pc. also i have some lunar lights all push with a timer.

what size tank?
anemones are delicate critters and they may not stay in one place like stated above. It may not be happy in your tank, maybe not enough light, water quality, too much or little flow. Just give ti some time and let it go where it wants.

its a 55 gallon.....she was going fine 1 hour before the lights turn off and went lunar. about 20 min. into the lunar she fell off the side of the rock.....what do i do. salinity 1.023 0,0,0.

leave it alone and hope it finds a place that it is happy is all you can do. You cannot force them to be where you put them. I honestly think you do not have enough light.

Back
Top Bottom