something weird

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dwish8990

Aquarium Advice Regular
Something in a piece of my live rock is blowing out sand every once in a while.... the strange thing is that this piece of rock is sitting on top of some other rock (not near the sand) When the sand comes out it looks almost like when your smoking a cig and you blow a circle w/ the smoke. Its been happening for a while now I just never really tried to figure out what could be in there thats doing that.
Hmm?

Any ideas? :?:

Maybe theres some sand in the rock and some critters making it its home? Hitchhiker maybe? If I were you I would poke something in the hole and see if you can scare the thing out. Or you could isolate the rock in a bucket and shake it so it goes out.. Not your hand or finger. Thats all I can think of. HTH.

Matt

most likely a bristle worm. They can occupy crevices that arent visible on the surface. The can become pretty girthy as well

The Matt said:
Maybe theres some sand in the rock and some critters making it its home? Hitchhiker maybe? If I were you I would poke something in the hole and see if you can scare the thing out. Or you could isolate the rock in a bucket and shake it so it goes out.. Not your hand or finger. Thats all I can think of. HTH.

Matt

Already did that twice.

I put a couple of drops of club soda in a hole when I first got my rock (I feared mantis shrimp) and bristelworms and couple of crabs came out.

Back
Top Bottom