Sps and softies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jcj0033

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys I have a question, right now I have a 80 gallon tank full of zoas mushrooms and star polyps, I also have one large montipora cap and a couple of small digi's I also have 1 small bonsai frag. I want to start adding more sps and eventually make it an sps tank. Is is safe to mix the two or do I need to remove some of my softies

You should be fine it is corals like leathers and Kenya tree that let off chemicals that inhibit other corals growth.

Uh oh yeah i forgot I have 2 super small Kenya trees that were hitchhikers on my live rock, they are really small and isolated should I remove them

Cool, so right now I'm running carbon and I use purigen, how often should I change the carbon

I had high nitrates for about 3 weeks so I have been doing water changes and trying to keep my tank water as clean as possible

Well, one of the things purigen does is remove impurities...just like carbon does. Purigen is basically a synthetic carbon plus. So you could replace the carbon with something else if wanted.

Yeah it is, how long can u use purigen without changing or taking it out

Oh ok cool thanks, do u have alot of sps in your tank

Back
Top Bottom