Sps coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

libimagana

Aquarium Advice Regular
Why is my coral turning white on the bottom is this normal? Or it could be the light. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388989844.296181.jpg

Could be stn ( slow tissue necrosis) has the coral always been brown? Do you know your phosphate reading?

What lights are you running? Acros need a very good amount of light and flow.

It's montipora digitata not an acro :). Still a good amount of light but not acro light. However knowing the lights would help

What lights are you running? Acros need a very good amount of light and flow.

LED by marine land and I think it has a good amount of light and flow because I had it for two weeks and it was fine it's at the top of the rocks

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389011351.117717.jpg here is a photo of before started getting bleacht from the bottom hope it doesn't dye
Only one thing I didn't mention I had a 45 gall tank before it was a tall one hexagon shape, then I switch to a rectangle shape more short from the top so lights are closer to the sps, I don't think is the lights or there to strong? I'll put some pictures of my tank.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389011648.942369.jpg here it is guys before hexagon shape ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389011695.246327.jpg and after the sps, is at the top can you see it sorry for the bad picture

i can't help much with the current situation but the light you have is not sufficient for sps. maybe you will get away with the digi, but long term speaking, it will not support the sps like acro

If it continues, I would cut that off of the plug, leaving some good tissue. You could re-glue it to your rock. in many cases that will stop the recession.

If it continues, I would cut that off of the plug, leaving some good tissue. You could re-glue it to your rock. in many cases that will stop the recession.

or kill it in the process. I had a similar situation where I have to snip off a portion of the frag. The frag bleached its gut out and died. it's a chance you will have to take tho

No. In no cases will cutting the dead part off of a coral kill it. Something else killed your coral.

when I cut my frag I had to chip away part of the coral that's alive. I imagine that the OP is going to do the same because you can never be precise enough to just cut away the dead part and make the remaining coral intact

when I cut my frag I had to chip away part of the coral that's alive. I imagine that the OP is going to do the same because you can never be precise enough to just cut away the dead part and make the remaining coral intact

So basically the problem is my flow or my lights right maybe this helps look at my lightsImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389026972.567232.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389026981.264203.jpg

Yes I check all my levels only thing my phosphate are 0.25
For sure the lights have nothing to do with it I moved it to a higher place and better flow Keats see if it likes it there

Back
Top Bottom