Sps stung

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JJ-MIK

Aquarium Advice FINatic
An sps fell on a hammer coral and got stung in a few spots. I can see white spots.. Will it heal.. Or will it continue to kill the whole coral? Should I frag it before it takes the whole thing?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395509933.459252.jpg the right side that hangs over is half dead looking.. Should I break that piece off?

I had a banzai acro that fell into my hammer and it never recovered. I don't know how long it was in, happened during the day while I was at work. Also the banzai was a smaller frag. If possible I would frag a part just in case but you may be ok if it's a larger colony.

Ya I was a little late reading this.. Haha I moved it away from the hammer. Two days later the dang snails pushed it off another rock on top of my lobo.. Now the other side is dead... I'm not fastening anything down right now because we are moving next month..

Happens. Why I'm not the biggest fan of snails and hermits at times... I've had several SPS dumped into LPS and get stung. They can heal if you catch it fast enough sometimes...though I just had a maxima stung by my hammer coral and there was no saving it.

Back
Top Bottom