Starr blenny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Damarferg

Aquarium Advice Freak
Do all blennys bite the sand and comes out through the gills. I am planning on getting a Starr blenny and want to know if they are aggressive

Nope, only a few are sand sifters....my starry is a funny and grumpy old man fish but rarely aggressive.

My blenny constantly shifts through the sand. He is also a territorial jerk. How large is your tank and what else do you have for stock?

From what I heard, the orange diamond goby is one of the best sand sifted but they are also jumpers

Yes orange spot diamond goby is an excellent sand sifter. can jump if stressed. I have an open top and have had no issue with jumping. My goby does on occasion pick up and attempt to spit snails out the top though. Funny to watch.

Starry blennies are algae eaters. Mine got the whole grumpy personality thing going too like another poster mentioned. It's one of my favorite fish.

My blenny constantly shifts through the sand. He is also a territorial jerk. How large is your tank and what else do you have for stock?

65 gallon with a bristletooth tang, 2damsels, a maroon clown, an angel

Mine doesn't, before this guy I had a diamond goby that jumped. Lasted less than a week. I highly recommend using the BRS mesh top kit, not worrying about jumpers is worthwhile peace of mind. I got mine after the goby, very happy with it.

Back
Top Bottom