Stars and stripes puffer spitting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cute :3 my porcupine puffer at school does the same thing; he knows even when he hits me with water I still return XD

That is wild..... Why do they do that?
----
Puffers normally spit when they want food; since they learn to recognise caregivers in captivity they are more likely to spit at only one or two people only, since they are alerting you they are hungry :cool:
They also can make a sort of jump out of a tank when hungry enough so tops to their aquariu is recommended, just in case ;)

Oh that is cute them letting you know they are hungry like that.... Almost like when a dog wants food they paw at their food bowl or sometimes carry to you....
My sail fin tang sometimes makes a splash at the top of the water would that mean he is telling me he is still hungry?

I beleive puffers and triggers in the wild also puff at the substrate to uncover invertebrates to eat. Squirting at their owners would be a logical extension of that behavior.

Oh that is cute them letting you know they are hungry like that.... Almost like when a dog wants food they paw at their food bowl or sometimes carry to you....
My sail fin tang sometimes makes a splash at the top of the water would that mean he is telling me he is still hungry?
----
Maybe :) Fish are amazing with personalities, my seahorses seem to dance whenever I enter their tank room and my old betta used to kiss my finger before I fed him.....but then again I taught him that :lol:

----
Maybe :) Fish are amazing with personalities, my seahorses seem to dance whenever I enter their tank room and my old betta used to kiss my finger before I fed him.....but then again I taught him that :lol:

So True they are amazing.
Can those Stars and stripes puffer's be put into a reef setting aquarium?

----
Well my school aquarium (with our puffer) has a Damsel (yellow), Maroon clown, Grouper and Trigger fish in there and they all get along well (Warning: This tank is VERY big though! It takes up an entire wall in my school) though it depends on whether or not your puffer loves to be by himself

mwilliams said:

I think they will eat corals. I know they will eat shrimp, crabs, and clams.

Back
Top Bottom