Starting a 10g salt tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreamingdragon

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I decide to begin a 10 gallon salt water tank, to get the feeling for it so Anny input would be nice and advice and suply to start with, just to see how it will work out for me, before I buy a bigger tank, and what kind of fish to start with but first I have to cycle the tank.

I want to start with clown fish, and does living plants. That they like. Just to start with.

So I decide to begin a 10 gallon salt water tank, to get the feeling for it so Anny input would be nice and advice and suply to start with, just to see how it will work out for me, before I buy a bigger tank, and what kind of fish to start with but first I have to cycle the tank.

My advice to you is to not start with a 10g it will cause you to many headaches and will probably make you leave the hobby or end up buying things all over again. Sw tanks are difficult when small. Get a 25-29g you will be much happier and life will be a lot easier. You will be able to buy a few more fish because not many fish are happy in 10g. I you decide to do this I can be a lot of help because I entered the saltwater hobby with a 25g tank. Feel free to message me or ask any questions in this thread and I will be happy to give my input. But 95% of people will tell you not o start small because its a lot of maitnece and requires a better knowledge of algae matinence and water conditions then people have when they start the hobby. You can read all you want but you will make mistakes at first and reversing mistakes in a 10g is difficult.

Clowns will need at least 20g tank as well. I tried having a pair in a 10g and they were always so lethargic.

+1 and I believe clownfish really need to be in 20+ gallons

Oops sorry just seen you had that on the bottom :)

Last edited:
Tanxs I,m going to petco to see if I can find a nice tank. And use the 10 g as a sump. Get the suply for it and start to cycle the tank first. That can take a while. And surfing on the net. To see what I want Thanxs again every one.

Might want to check out craigslist if money is a issue. You can often find GREAT deals on there. I got my 46G blowfront with sump, overflow box and some other stuff for $150.

Back
Top Bottom