starting refuge/ have questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

acid_burn

Aquarium Advice Activist
I purchased a Aquafuge Pro the other day and wonder if I can get it going by this weekend?

I assume that I need to mix about 23gal. RO and salt mix and bring it up to temp. I also bought a 30lb. bag of Aragonite aragamax sugar-sized 00lite sand bed.

Should I put the sand in my mixing tub with the water until its time to install the fuge?....Will this water also need to cycle?

I guess what I need is step by step directions about preparing the fuge for use.

Thanks,
Rich

i wouldn't add the sand to the mixing tub, as it prolly would make the sand a bit salty lol.
to start

1. i would just rinse the sand the best you can. to rinse it you put it in a bucket and fill it up and let the water overflow the bucket until the water overflowing is clear.
2. hook the fuge up
3. have a beer :)
4. add the mixed salt water to the system, should fill the fuge no problem. could add it to the fuge. shouldnt matter where you add it. it should fill up. if it doenst you have a problem
5. turn off the powerheads to the fuge
6. add the sand and let the dust settle
7. turn on the powerheads
8. have a beer :lol:
9. enjoy the fuge :0
10 REPEAT STEPS 3 AND 8 AS NEEDED !!! just remember patience is a virtue.
good luck and enjoy

LOL, sounds good man I'll go buy a 12 before I start. :D

Thanks,
Rich

ha ha I get one for your fuge to good Idea. Side note why not just add salt to the fuge and mix in it before you start the syphons and pumps sure beats making it then dumping it in there.

That would be an option but I need to remove the center post of my cabinet to install the fuge, I just didnt want to have all that down time without any filtration. Plus waiting for the water to heat up.

Thanks,
Rich

Back
Top Bottom