Sticky Idea?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

saberry

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm not qualified to right one as I have yet to buy my first, but has anyone thought about making a sticky or doing a review/comparison of protein skimmers? It seems like that is the most common equipment question that comes up.

Just a thought.

Actually if your using the proper RIO RVT, they work just fine. I've used them with my BakPak for about 8 yrs without an issue. You just need to make sure you clean the air intakes of the pump to remove dried salts.

Cheers
Steve

steve have to tried any of the new rios?? curious if they fixed the issues my guess is yes due to i read that now they using a metal shaft unlike the old ceramic ones!! but if its still a screw on return i can see it getting to tight for it to spin !!

I recently purchased one about 6 months ago. The old one was so coralline encrusted and worn it was not worth "re-fininshing". I have not had a reason to take the new one apart but if you post/PM me a reminder I will take the new pump apart and post some pics for you this coming weekend. I still have the old one so I can also do a side by side if you like.

Cheers
Steve

that would be great i know what how the old ones worked/or didnt work and seen the new ones they look way different !! wanted to get a cheap ph around 1200 gph and think the via-aquas are way to big !! if you havnt had a prob yet with it starting i might have to give it a try !! but yes if ya can take a pic of the return love to see the change for sure !! my puffer loves to bite off the plastic strainer on maxijets just cause it sees a bit of food stuck to it hehehe which the rios have a larger screen which he cant get through !! my last rio 2500 got a short and would shock me bad when trying to restart it so it got thrown in the trash :)

Keep in mind this is a RIO RVT 600 meant for a skimmer but you'll not the impeller is metal.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom