Still trying to kill my Aptisia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

divemasterjim

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok since my post
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=27491&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
on july 4th I have been trying to kill off my aiptasia. Now I have killed alot, and every one that I posion I dont see again but I keep finding them around my tank every now and again. Last week I saw one and killed it, today I found 3 all on the rocks my peppermint shrimp live in, I think its a conspiracy they are really planting them not eating them. But anyhow it has been 2 months and i still keep finding new baby ones. Will they ever all die?

Don't know what to tell you. If any piece of it remains alive it will regrow. I've had a total of 2 aips since my tank started, both on new lr. Killed both with boiling water and haven't seen one since. You're sure they're pepermints and not camels? Camels have spots between the stripes, peps have just striping.

GL tho.

I am out f ideas to. The only other thing you might try is getting a Copperband Butterfly. Mine cleaned up all my aptasia. It eaven ate one that was stuck between my zoos without eating them. I hate to reccommend this to anyone because the copperband is a difficult fish to keep. Theyare picky eaters and need lots of LR to graze on. Mine also loves mysis. As a last resort, consider giving it a try.

joes juice worked extremely well on what i could find.... as stated before make sure u have the right type of shrimp.... if not they just might be harvesting them;) good luck on them

Back
Top Bottom